The Office of University Communications manages Pitt's events calendar, which provides a centralized system for managing events of interest to students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors.
Visitors will access the new calendar via the following channels, among others:
- The University's home page;
- Pittwire, University Times, MyPitt, Read Green, and other Pitt news services;
- Individual unit landing pages established within the calendar system; and
- Organic searches and visits directly to calendar.pitt.edu.
- We can also work with your unit to automatically integrate your event postings directly into your website.
The calendar features an enhanced and mobile-responsive user interface and the abilities to:
- Search for events by keyword;
- Filter events by type, topic or audience;
- View events from individual university units and groups;
- Include photos for events to help attract attendees; and
- Share events directly from the calendar through social media.
- In addition, members of the Pitt community can create an account that will enable them to track individual events, follow events from individual units, and add events to their personal calendars.
While the events calendar will be the primary source for promoting Pitt events aimed at students, faculty, staff and the general public, it will not include content for restricted/invitation-only events.