There are a few things to keep in mind if you are recording yourself using a phone or webcam. We also highly recommend that you watch this short helpful video about best practices for smartphone video.
- Dress professionally or in Pitt gear
- Filming on a mobile phone works best, but a computer webcam will also work
- Make sure to capture the video horizontally (turn phone sideways), not vertically
- Make sure the light sources (windows, lamps, etc.) are in front of you, not behind you, when you record
- Be mindful of what is around you when filming
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Kate Ledger or Christin Bongiorni.